Wednesday, January 26, 2011

You Can't Have it Both Ways.

Is it better to be a doormat or be the foot stepping on it? Is it better letting others push you around, or being the one pushing others around? It's really hard to find that balance for me. I think I'm either a bitch or a pushover. I need to work on this a lot. But I just hope people don't mistaken sarcasm for being truthfully mean. Because I think I use sarcasm so much due to not standing up for myself enough. I just don't see the point. People act how they want to act, and their minds most likely won't change based off whatever you say back to them. So I would rather avoid a fight since it doesn't get you anywhere anyway.

But lately it's annoying me that people take advantage of this. Especially my friends who know my tactics. They know I won't get mad back at them even though they were in the wrong. So maybe I should change it up. But that's a lot easier said than done. I wish it wasn't so difficult for me to be nice and stand up for myself at the same time. I'm envious of people who have mastered this skill. I hate when people call me a bitch, and I hate when people call me a pushover. I don't know where this leaves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment