Monday, December 13, 2010

you can't delete the past.

It sucks when someone you've known your entire life suddenly slips out of your life in an instant. It doesn't make sense to me how that could even happen. How you can grow up with a person, share every little detail with them, text them 24/7, walk through their door instead of knock, and then... poof! They're gone. You can delete me off of all virtual contact sites, but you can't delete the memories. You can erase the millions of pictures we have taken, but you'll still have flashbacks of them in your mind. You can't hide from memories, I've tried and I've failed.

I'll never understand how you can constantly say we'll be best friends forever no matter what, but then be so unforgiving a moment later. Do they just forget the good that outweighs the bad? Are they just in denial? Do they just not want to appear weak or trampled on? I hate when people say "I just don't know you anymore, or you've changed." Oops, sorry that I'm not the same person as I was when you met me over a decade ago. No matter what I'm still the same person. It doesn't matter where I live or how old I am or who I hang out with. I'll never change my morals and roots, and if you really knew me like you always said you did, you'd know that. The fact that a relationship can be cut off so easily makes me never want to have one again. Sorry can only get you so far, and it takes two people to fix a situation. I wish you didn't give up so fast because I miss you. All of the things I used to hate that you did are suddenly the things I miss the most. And so much time has passed that there is no way of restoring it. I just pray on it constantly hoping that someday you'd remember who I was and have faith that I haven't changed. Even if you don't want to admit it, I know you better than anyone. I just wish that counted for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment